Tuesday 24 April 2012

My Apartment's Very Clean Without You - Garfunkel and Oates

 C Em
I work 'til my kitchen is spotless
   F                           Am
In hopes that my mind will be thoughtless 
F  G        C             Em                  Am
I put everything in it's rightful place, it's true 
C                     G            C
My apartment's very clean without you
                       Em
Got an extra key to my door now 
      F                     Am
Your underwear's not on my floor now 
F        G          C        Em                   F
No more Hendrix or beer or cigarette butts, it's true 
C   G            C    Em           C
My apartment's very clean without you 
           Em                   C
There are children starving in Africa 
F            G
Genocide in Darfur 
         F                         Em
But the thing that really makes me sad
                                 C
Is your toothbrush is not in my drawer 
F           G
Yes, it's true
C   G            C    Em           C
My apartment's very clean without you
C G I push away the mess with my mop and broom 
     F                        Am
No sound of sports from the other room
F            G          C        Em                   F
I found 'The Last Boy Scout' and threw it away, it's true
C                     G            C
My apartment's very clean without you
Em I can stay up all hours and write now F Am No snoring keeping me up at night now F G C Em F No alarm to wake me at 6 AM, it's true
     C                    G          C
But my new bed feels too big without you Em C The economy's crumbling around us F G And the whole world's getting too hot F Em But the thing that really makes me sad Em C Is the pair of socks you forgot F G Yes, it's true
C   G           C       Em           C
My apartment's way too clean without you G My couch is just a couch 
     C              G
My room is just a room 
     C              G 
My home is just a house
         C
Without you




No comments:

Post a Comment