Tuesday 17 April 2012

Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan


                           C - Am - F - G
    C - F - G      +                           Woah ! (4x)       + C - Am - F - G

   C          Am           F          G
1. I got a gal who’s always late,
C           Am    F               G
    every time we have a date,
             C           - Am - F  G     C            - Am - F - G
    but I love her,              yes, I love her.

     C        Am        F           G              C      - Am
2.      I'm gonna walk right up to her gate,
              F       - G                    C
    and see if I       can get it straight,
    Am                  F         - G - C - Am                 F           - G - C - Am - F
    yes, ‘cause I want her,                 I'm gonna ask her :

      G          C       Am   F         G            C       - Am - F - G
    Now, but is you is or is you ain't my baby?
                      C             Am     F         G               C       - Am - F
    yeah, the way you're actin' lately makes me doubt.
       G         C    - Am     F          G      C       - Am - F - G
    Well, if yous         is still my baby-baby,
      C              Am            F            G                C              Am    - F - G
    well, now, seems my flame in your heart's done gone out.

          D                                           C
    A woman is a creature that has always been strange,
              D                                                          G - - - - - - - - - - -   G7
   just when you're sure of one, you find she's gone and made a change!

                    C       Am    F         G           C      - Am - F - G
3. Yeah, but is you is or is you ain't my baby,
               C        Am       F                 G      C    - Am - F - G
    well, maybe, baby's found somebody new,
        C        Am    F          G      C        - Am - F - G
    or is my baby still my baby true ?

+  C - Am - F - G (4x) …

No comments:

Post a Comment