Tuesday 6 March 2012

You Meet The Nicest People In Your Dreams - Fats Waller


"You Meet the Nicest People in Your Dreams" by Al Hoffman, Al Goodhart, and Manny Kurtz
As Performed by Fats Waller
Vamp:
[C] [Am7] [D7] [G7]
I've [C]met some very nice people
Some very very very nice people
But you meet the nicest people
[Cdim]In your [G7]dreams
It's [Dm7]funny but it's [G7]true
That's [C]where I first met [A9]you
And [D7]you're the nicest, paradise-est
[G7]Thing I [Cdim]ever [G7]knew
I've [C]looked the universe over
From wacky Nagasaki to Dover
And now that we have [C7]met how sweet it [F]seems
I love you [F6]more the more I [D7]know you
Which [C(maj7)]only goes to [A7]show you
You [D7]meet the nicest [G7]people in your [C]dreams

Played so nicely here on the ukulele by my friend, Neil Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment