Saturday 19 March 2011

Guy Love - from Scrubs



 
C                    F      E
Let’s face the facts about me and you,
  Am          Bb
A love unspecified.
           Bb
Though I’m proud to call you “Chocolate Bear”,
    F                 G
The crowd will always talk and stare.
  C                  F         E
I feel exactly those feelings, too,
    Am                     F
And that’s why I keep them inside.
 C          F                   C
‘Cause this bear can’t bear the world’s disdain
    Bb                       G
And sometimes it’s easier to hide,
         G7
Than explain our
C
Guy love,
       E
That’s all it is,
Am
Guy love,
     C
He’s mine, I’m his,
        F             Fm            C        B
There’s nothing gay about it in our eyes.
    Am
You ask me ‘bout this thing we share
       Gm           Am
And he tenderly replies:
     F
It’s guy love,
    G      C
Between two guys.
      Ab                      Bb
We’re closer than the average man and wife.
       Ab                              Bb
That’s why our matching bracelets say “Turk and JD”.
              C
You know I’ll stick by you for the rest of my life.
           G                           G7
You’re the only man who’s ever been inside of meee!
--Whoa, whoa, I just took out his appendix!--
           C             F
There’s no need to clarify.
   Em
Oh no?
           Am                      C
Just let it grow more and more each day.
     F                C
It’s like I married my best friend.
         Bb            G
But in a totally manly way.

Let’s go!
     C
It’s guy love,
      E
Don’t compromise,
    Am               C
The feelings of some other guy,
F               Fm              C
Holding up your heart in to the sky.
        Am
I’ll be there to care through all the lows
        G                  Am
I’ll be there to share the highs.
   F
It’s guy love,
    G   C           Em
Between two guys.
    Am
And when I say, “I love you, Turk”,
     G               Am
It’s not what it implies.
     F
It’s guy love,
   F
Between,
G
Two,
C      F    G    C
Guys.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment