Wednesday 15 February 2012

Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks

Le Moriband by Jaques Brel


C) Good bye to you my trusted friend, 
We`ve known each other since we were (Dm)nine or ten, Together (G)we climbed hills and (C)trees, 
Learned of love and A B Cs; 
(Dm) Skinned our (G)hearts and skinned our knees.


(C)Good bye my friend it’s hard to die, 
When all the birds are singing (Dm)in the sky 
Now that the(G) spring is in the (C)air. 
Pretty girls are every(Dm)where, 
think of(G) me and I`ll be there.(C) 


We had joy, we had fun, we had (Dm)seasons in the sun, But the (G)hills that we climbed were just (G7)seasons out of (C)time.


(C) Goodbye Papa, please pray for me. 
I was the black-sheep of the (Dm)family 
You tried to (G)teach me right from (C)wrong, 
Too much wine and too much song;(Dm) Wonder (G)how I got along.(C)


Good bye Papa it`s hard to die, 
When all the birds are singing (Dm)in the sky, 
Now that the (G)spring is in the (C)air. 
Little children every(Dm)where, 
when you, (G) see them I`ll be there.(C) 


We had joy, we had fun, we had (Dm)seasons in the sun, 
But the (G)wine and the song like the (G7)seasons have all (C)gone.


(C)Good bye Michelle, my little one 
You gave me love and helped me (Dm)find the sun, 
And every (G)time that I was (C)down. 
You would always come(Dm)around 
And get my(G)feet back on the ground(C)


Good bye Michelle it’s hard to die, 
When all the birds are singing (Dm)in the sky, 
Now that the (G)spring is in the (C)air. 
With the flowers every(Dm)where, 
I wish that (G)we could both be there.


(C) We had joy, we had fun, we had (Dm)seasons in the sun, 
But the (G)stars we could reach were just (G7)starfish on the beach.(C) x2


We had joy, we had fun, we had (Dm)seasons in the sun, 
But the (G)wine and the song like the (G7)seasons have all (C)gone.


All our lives, we had fun, we had (Dm)seasons in the sun, But the (G)hills that we climbed were just (G7)seasons out of (C)time.



No comments:

Post a Comment