Friday 28 April 2017

If I Could - Jack Wild (Pufnstuf OST Soundtrack)

So, I finally got around to chording this song from my childhood - 
Jack Wild's intro track from the film 1970 film Pufnstuf.
Lyrics by Norman Gimbel, Music by Charles Fox
from 'Pufnstuf' The Movie (1970)
Produced by Sid & Marty Krofft
Directed by Hollingsworth Morse
Performed by Jack Wild
Jack, you were my first love and I miss you. 

D     A     D     A

       D                      G
If I could, I would be 
    Dm                   C               F                            
A balloon that a little kid let go
                A                   C       Am               
Floating through the sky, flying free
A      D      Dm  Am  D                                           
If I could

       Dm                 Am
If I could, I would be 
    Dm                    C                        F
A giraffe with my head above the trees
                  A      C          Am 
So at big parades I could see
A     D     
If I could

               Am                                  
Jump on one and two and three
                                                 F
Lose to chase a  busy bumble bee
                   Am
Fire on the mountain, run and see
              A   F  Am  A♯  F  
If I’m a fool

Am
Lady, lady turn around, 
                                                  F
Lady, lady turn and touch the ground
                C                   A       
Yankee Doodle went to town 
                              D
And I’ll be late for school 
C         A
   Oh, school! 

D   D   A

       D                      G
If I could I would be
              Am-A♯                        C              F
Old and wise,     Knowing all there is to know
                A               C       Am   A
Then I’d answer right every time
                     D      Dm   D
When they asked. 

       D                   Dm
If I could, I would be 
F       A♯            C               F                            
A balloon that a little kid let go
                A                     C       Am               
Floating through the sky, flying free
A     D                                              
If I could



No comments:

Post a Comment