Tuesday 24 July 2012

Rocky - Dickey Lee


G              D                  G                D
Alone until my eighteenth year we met four springs ago
G               D             G                  G   
She was shy and had a fear of things she did not know
G               D             G           D   
But we got it on together in such a super way
G                    D                  G                D
We held each other close at night and traded dreams each day

Chorus
G        C                                    G
She said Rocky I've never been in love before don't know if I can do it
D                                     G
But if you let me lean on you take my hand I might get through it through it
C                              G
I said baby oh sweet baby it's love that sets us free
    D                                      C                 G
And God knows if the world should end your love is safe with me

2nd verse
G                    D                   G               D
We found an old grey house and you would not believe the way
G                     D              G              D
We worked at night to fix it up took classes in the day
G                  D            G               D
Painting walls and sipping wine sleeping on the floor
G                  D                      G                  D
With so much love with just too soon we found there'd be one more

2nd chorus
D            C                                   G
And she said Rocky I've never had a baby before, don't know if I can do it
D                              G
But if you let me lean on you, take my hand I might get through it, through it
C                               G
I said baby, oh sweet baby it's love that sets us free, 
    D                                     C                 G
and God knows if the word should end your love is safe with me.

3rd verse
G               D             G                 D
We had lots of problems then but we had lots of fun
G                  D              G               D
Like the birthday party when our baby girl turned one
G                D         G                   D
I was proud and satisfied life had so much to give
G                  D                G                    D
Till the day they told me back she didn't have long to live
D        C                               G
She said Rocky I never had to die before don't know if I can do it
4th verse
(bridge up)
A                 E          A              E
Now it's back to two again my little girl and I
A                E                       A                     E
Who looks so much like her sweet mother sometimes that makes me cry
A                 E             A              E
I sleep alone at nights again I walk alone each day
A                      E                 A                      E
And sometimes when I'm about to give in I hear her sweet voice say to me

3rd chorus
D                                         A
Rocky you know you've been alone before, you know that you can do it
E                                       A
But if you'd like to lean on me, take my hand I'll help you through it, through it.
D                               A
I said baby, oh sweet baby it's love that sets us free
    E                                      D                 A
And God knows if the world should end, your love is safe with me
         D                                         
She said Rocky you know you've been alone before... fade

No comments:

Post a Comment