Thursday 8 December 2011

Freddy My Love - Grease soundtrack


SONG: Freddy, My Love
ARTIST: Warren Casey & Jim Jacobs

From the musical, Grease

Tune down 2 steps

Intro:

G7 - G6 - G+ - G7 - C

          Cmaj7            F                   G7   C
Freddy my love, I miss you more than words can say 
          Cmaj7                A7sus4              A7   Dm7
Freddy my love, please keep in touch while you're away 
             Dm7-5            G7          G7     Em
Hearing from you can make the day so much better
          Em7-5/A#    A7sus4  A7     Dm7
Getting a souvenir or maybe a letter
         Fm/A#             C/G           F
I really flipped over the gray cashmere sweater
          C               Cmaj7           F               G7     C
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my Lo-ve


           Cmaj7              F                G7   C
Freddy you know, your absense makes me feel so blue 
            Cmaj7                 A7sus4           A7   Dm7
That's okay though, your presents make me think of you 
           Dm7-5          G7            G7      Em
My ma will have a heart-attack when she catches
            Em7-5/A#         A7sus4        A7      Dm7
Those pedal pushers with the black leather patches
         Fm/A#         C/G         F
Oh how I wish I had a jacket that matches,
          C               Cmaj7           F               C7
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my lo-ve

      F                 G7         Em             C7
Don't keep your letters from me, I thrill to every line
     Fm7              G7          Cm          Cm
Your spelling's kinda crummy, but honey so is mine
  Dm7-5          G7+5 -G7Cm             F7
I treasure every giftie, the ring is really nifty
    A#maj7           Am7              Dm7              G7
You say it cost you fifty, so you're thrifty, I don't mind


            C              Cmaj7               F                G7   C
Oh, oh, oh, oh. Freddy you see, you'll hold me in your arms someday 
           Cmaj7           A7sus4    A7   Dm7
And I will be wearing your lacy lingerie 
          Dm7-5               G7         G7     Em
Thinking about it, my heart's pounding already
             Em7-5/A#             A7sus4      A7      Dm7
Knowing when you come home, we're bound to go steady
               Fm/A#         C/G           F
And throw your service pay around like confetti,
          C               Cmaj7           F               G7    C
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love
          Cmaj7           F               G7    C
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love,
          Cmaj7           F               G7    C
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love,
          Cmaj7           F               G7    C
Freddy my love, Freddy my love, Freddy my love



No comments:

Post a Comment